R. Kyle Williams
Kyle is a founding partner of and an attorney with the law firm of Williams Teusink, LLC. He focuses his practice on land use and zoning, lender liability and loan workouts, landlord-tenant, commercial and residential real estate transactions and litigation, brokerage commission disputes, construction disputes, covenant enforcement and association disputes, and ad valorem property tax appeals. Kyle represents individual property owners, nonprofits, neighborhoods, homeowner and condominium associations, real estate builders and developers, real estate agents and brokers, real estate appraisers, and other real estate professionals. Kyle has represented clients in numerous jury, bench, and arbitration trials throughout Georgia as well as before state agencies and local governments on permitting, code enforcement, zoning, and ad valorem property tax appeals. Kyle frequently serves as a Special Master by appointment of the Superior Court of DeKalb County. Kyle also counsels clients on residential and commercial contract and lease negotiation, formation, enforcement, and termination.
Kyle frequently writes and teaches about land use, zoning and real estate matters at seminars and continuing education classes.
- The University of Tennessee at Martin, Bachelor of Science in Public Administration, cum laude, 1998
- The University of Tennessee College of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, Advocacy and Dispute Resolution Concentration, 2001
BAR & COURT ADMISSION
- State Bar of Georgia , Admitted 2001
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court, Northern District of the State of Georgia
MEMBERSHIPS, PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & SERVICE IN COMMUNITY
- Decatur Business Association, President-Elect
- Decatur Rotary, Board Member
- Decatur Education Foundation, Board of Directors, Past-Chair
- Decatur Zoning Ordinance Revision Task Force
- The University of Tennessee College of Law, Alumni Council, Past-Chair
- College Heights Early Childhood Learning Center, Advisory Council
- Leadership DeKalb, Class of 2013
- Private Bank of Decatur, Advisory Board
- State Bar of Georgia Lawyer Assistance Program Committee, Member
- Chief Justice’s Commission on Professionalism, Member
RECOGNITIONS, SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & ARTICLES
- Georgia “Rising Star” in Litigation, Land Use and Zoning by Georgia “Super Lawyer” and Atlanta Magazine in 2005, 2006, and 2009-2016.
- Foundation Friend, Decatur Education Foundation
- The University of Tennessee College of Law, Legal Clinic 60th Anniversary, Keynote Speaker
- Urban Land Institute Atlanta Technical Assistance Panel for Stone Mountain Studying Redevelopment of Stone Mountain West Condominium, Zoning Legal Expert
- Failed real estate deal become ‘rabbit hole’ case, Daily Report, September 12, 2011, highlighting six figure jury verdict secured by WILLIAMS TEUSINK for real estate agent on brokerage commission dispute
- Stendahl v. Cobb County et al., 284 Ga. 525, 668 S.E.2d 723 (2008) successfully overturning trial court’s dismissal of landowners rezoning challenge
- Crawford et al. v. Dammann et al., 277 Ga. App. 442, 626 S.E.2d. 632 (2006) successfully obtaining affirmation of restrictive covenants encumbering real property and association’s authority to levy water service fees
- One Buckhead Loop Condominium Association, Inc. v. Regent Tower Holdings, LLC, 341 Ga. App. 5, 798 S.E.2d 633 (2017) successfully overturning trial court’s entrance of summary judgment finding genuine issue of material fact existed as to whether Regent Tower Holdings, LLC altered its course of performance after Association’s execution of an estoppel certificate by allowing significant changes in third party access to its private roadway.